Saturday, March 1, 2014

Les Vacances Commence!

So, I've been in school here for about 4 weeks now I think. I was sick for a while so I missed a few days. All of my teachers are patient with me and they understand that I won't be able to keep up with the rest of the class sometimes, so they help me out when they can, which is very nice. French school is hard. I feel like the mentality amongst the students is much more serious than in American high school, and the curriculum is a lot more intense. But creative expression is very important here, too. On Fridays, during free periods, people bring instruments and everyone kinda gathers in one of the break rooms and people start to sing and play songs, just jumping in whenever. It's actually really cool. There are a lot of kids who are very talented. The hardest classes I'm taking are Math and French. Math is difficult because I know the basic concepts already, and I obviously understand the numbers, but the methods of solving things are different than what I have learned. And in French, we're reading and analyzing Voltaire. Enough said. But my host sister has been very helpful and we've been working on our homework together. Her friends are very sweet, too, and I've started to make some friends of my own.

Anyways, today was the first day of our 2 week break. I got to go see a band play in Guingamp. I'm looking forward to some other stuff we have planned for les vacances! That's all for now. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment