Saturday, August 17, 2013

Update

Bonjour! Merci to everyone that has donated so far, I'm so excited about this journey.

Recently, I had the awesome opportunity to volunteer with AFS and meet 17 arriving exchange students from around the world. It was part of the final orientation day, and lots of volunteers showed up to be part of different panels, give advice, help out with lunch and more. Me, 2 other American students, and a German student who came to the US in 2011 through AFS, got to be on a panel about school, social life, etc. We presented a few topics, like homework and tests, how to address the teacher, extracurriculars and school dances. Then we opened up for any and all questions the students had as they were beginning their AFS experiences. There are 4 more students that will be arriving soon, and I'll be going back for their orientation to help out and answer questions. It was so inspiring to see how everyone there were volunteers, working really hard to make each and every student's experience meaningful. It was also comforting to know that when I arrive in France, there will be a crew of people doing the same for me and the students I'm with. I am definitely planning on volunteering as much as possible with this organization in the future.

For those who have asked, there will soon be a way to donate with Paypal that will go straight to my trip. My Dad is working to set it up and get everything going. There's also a mailing address for checks that I'll include down at the bottom. Thanks again for taking the time to read this, and if you're considering donating, I can't tell you how much that means to me. Really really, no amount is too small. I'll be back again with more updates on Paypal and other things very soon!


Mailing Address: 


AFS-USA
Attn: Participant Accounts
1 Whitehall St
2nd Floor
New York, NY 10004


Please include a note indicating that the check should contribute to the program tuition for Zoe Spencer who is in line for a spring semester 2014 program to France.

0 comments:

Post a Comment